The following checklist will help you to gather the information needed to identify which program may be best for your group.
- What are your program goals and objectives?
- Work with your clients to determine their needs and interests.
- Who is your target population?
- What is the minimum and maximum number of participants?
- Who are your partners?
- What facilities do you have available?
- meeting space
- for group sessions
- for individual sessions
- for physical activity
- cooking facility (check local health department food safety requirements)
- garden space
- What is your budget?
Potential expenses could include (but are not limited to):
- contract staff
- room/facility rentals
Potential income sources could include (but are not limited to):
- cash donations
- government grants
- organization/foundation grants
- in-kind donations
- How will you sustain your program?
For more information, see Program Planning.