Registered dietitians are uniquely trained to provide advice on food, diet and nutrition. Here’s how to find a registered dietitian:
- Ask nutrition-related questions and receive feedback by phone or e-mail free of charge from EatRight Ontario. Speak to a registered dietitian by calling toll-free at 1-877-510-5102, if you live in Ontario. Or visit the website to e-mail a dietitian.
- Find a dietitian through the Nutrition Resource Centre’s online Directory of Dietitians in Public Health.
- Call the Dietitians of Canada’s Consulting Dietitians Referral Line toll-free at 1-888-901-7776 or use the Find a Dietitian feature on their website.
- Ask a doctor or nurse practitioner for a referral.
- Look in the yellow pages under “Dietitians.”
- Contact your local public health unit: all employ registered dietitians.
Dietitian or Nutritionist: What’s the Difference?
Visit the Dietitians of Canada website to find out the difference between a dietitian and nutritionist.